Wel­come, Guest
User­name: Pass­word: Remem­ber me

TOPIC: Cam­paign So Far

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 2 months ago #3448

• Allan
  • Thank you received: 131
The Mage was train­ing ani­mals for the are­ana and was very suc­cess­ful because he.
Obtained very rare or odd spec­i­mens.
He then cast a spell to trans­fer the spirit/​soul of a per­son into the ani­mal and the ani­mal into the per­son. This made for very deadly ‘ani­mals’ for the are­ana, that he was able to sell at a high price. He claimed it was his spe­cial train­ing.
Ref Note; noth­ing canon going on with the spell, just for my story require­ments. But I don’t have a player who is going to look to crit­i­cally at what is done, so long as its a fun story.

So the tiger — Gristy has a vaguely remem­bered human side/​memory.
I also placed two other peo­ple, the tigers spirit and a snakes.
It is these two crea­tures that pro­ceed to attack Ridik.
Note; I for­got to men­tion that the blood trail out­side was a fresh kill by Anton — deer or some­thing, that he was using to lure Gristy away from the PC’s.
Anton since his escape from the mages clutches due to Gristy com­ing back to slay him, has been sup­ply­ing game so Gristy does not have to come to the notice of oth­ers.

His­tory; Gristy the soul when human was caught by slavers along with a friend of his. They ended up at the mages ani­mal farm and realised what was in store for them. ‘Gristy’ was able to escape at one point but was recap­tured. Mean­while his friend had been placed into a giant snake.
’Gristy was then placed into a tiger. He was again able to escape, this time he came back by him­self for revenge and killed the mage, there­fore free­ing those that worked for him. He also killed the snake to put his friend out of mis­ery.

Mean­while; Ridik dri­ves away the human/​animals, and then turns his atten­tion to the tiger who is eye­ing him off. At this point I need to have Ridik decide not to just kill the crea­ture, so using my GM-​fu, I con­vinced him to go around the tiger and inves­ti­gate its lair, as the crea­ture was act­ing very odd, this info com­ing to RIdik via his Ani­mal skill.

Using the Harn-​Pottage map of a Inn with secret under­ground tem­ple. Ridik finds a cell that had char­coal writ­ting on the wall, explain­ing what was going on. This was writ­ten by ‘Gristy’ while human. It men­tions that he has a plan to escape and search out a secret reli­gion. A god­dess called Oshala, Bane of Magic. With there aid he plans to come back and deal with the mage and free his friend. Its known that its the tiger/​human as he men­tions his friend is lined up for the snake and he is going into the tiger.
Ref; Ridik’s PA of, Bring Mages Low, is what is going on here, as I wanted to have him learn about a poten­tial ally out­there. I did not have any­thing else worked out but that was ok.

Other explor­ing should them a foul mages work room and the skin of a large snake.

So Ridik/​Aaron is in a pickle. Does he kill the tiger to get Alims med­i­cine or not.
They talk it out and decide not. He does think about try­ing to get the tiger to come with him as some sort of famil­iar, but in the end leaves him alone.
Going back to the vil­lage he meets Anton, and Anton men­tions just killing some cats around town and get­ting the blood that way. This they do.
Then they make there way back to Green Meadow.

On the way, Alim is get­ting really sick from with­drawals, and at the next vil­lage, that has a plague, thanks to low lan­der refugees, he decides to stay and help the healer while Ridik goes on alone, to return with the ‘med­i­cine’. I had some vague notes about work­ing to cure the plague, but Aaron, get­ting into the genre, decided it was lit­tle con­cern of his.

Allan
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shack­led we are bound
Free­dom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
The admin­is­tra­tor has dis­abled pub­lic write access.
The fol­low­ing user(s) said Thank You: Michael

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 2 months ago #3449

• Allan
Ok, peo­ple are you still with me?

Ridik makes his way back to Green Meadow. Only to be ambushed and forced to sur­ren­der to sol­diers. Who take him to there Gen­eral — Tunamos, 2nd Gen­eral of King Ganymedes.
Inspi­ra­tion is com­ing from Beasts and Bar­bar­ians prod­uct Citadel of the Winged God. Which hope­fully will sup­ply some long term info.
–The Gen­eral has priests of the Red Right Hand, who have asked him to be on the look out for peo­ple that fit there Prophecy.
–He is mov­ing back north after a mis­sion to con­tact Sir Kent of the city Cil and work an alliance.
He has a force of about 500.

I had done some more work on the Red Right Hand.
From the Beasts and Bar­bar­ians prod­ucts, they have a Mon­gol like group called the Valk. I placed the Valk nomad steppes vaguely to the east.
I used some inspi­ra­tion from a Conan prod­uct called Trial of Blood, which had a (for me) fairly weak premise. But I could use a spin off idea. Still not fully formed mind you. But they wanted both Ridik and Alim. I had thought of using the Tatoo placed on there chest as a form of track­ing device, but had not wanted to inter­fere with other story ele­ments.

So cut­ting to the chase; Ridik is offered a choice, sim­i­lar to his pre­vi­ous encounter with the RRH, now if I had come up with another name for Right that started with E, I could have had REH:)
Gen­eral Tunamos has just encoun­tered Sir Csaay ‘Lords Bane’, a poten­tial thorn in the side like many petty war­lords pok­ing there heads up in the king­dom.
His offer;
Handed over to the RRH
Or knighed on the bat­tle­field to become a Guardian of the King­dom.
Then go to Sir Csaay and chal­lenge him to per­sonal com­bat to the death. If he wins the Gen­eral will offer pro­tec­tion under his name.
Ridik opts for the later.

He does some dig­ging about his oppo­nent and learns that he has a very nasty rep­u­ta­tion in com­bat. Using the Dreaded Aspect.
The chal­lenge is accepted out the front of the newly erected for­ti­fi­ca­tions going up around Green Meadow.
Sir Csaay, seems to know the chal­lenge is bunk, that Ridik is not a noble of his nation, but he will go along with it.
Just before bat­tle, the priest of the RRH offers a bless­ing to Ridik, which Sir Csaay is very vocal against, say­ing no foul magic is allowed.
As the two face off, Sir Csaay is over heard by Ridik to be mum­bling some prayer of his own, what he does catch is the word Oshalla (refer to pre­vi­ous notes). Ridik is now torn between hav­ing to kill this man or sit­ting down with him over a beer and learn­ing about the God­dess.

I am evil…
Allan

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 2 months ago #3470

• Allan
Hello,
Michael, are you still read­ing this and is it ok, I don’t want to be post­ing some­thing that makes Blade look like crap?
I just have never posted a cam­paign sum­mary before.
PM me if you like. Its a bit nerve rack­ing putting myself out there, I would rather face a horde of Can­ni­bal Apes.

Also to recap Ridik, sorry Sir Ridiks PA’s;
Bring Mages Low — hates them and what they do…
Show of Phys­i­cal Prowess — eg lift heavy stuff in front of crowds…
Find Way Home.
Gain Recog­ni­tion and Fame.

Still a bit Char­ac­ter cen­tric as opposed to Player.

Allan
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Allan.

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 2 months ago #3471

• Michael
  • Thank you received: 518
Yes, yes, I am still there and enjoy­ing the account! It’s espe­cially nice see­ing how you are work­ing with Anton’s PAs.

Which inci­den­tally are look­ing okay to me. Some degree of character-​centrism is of course unavoid­able and also no bad thing, as the con­nec­tion to the charater is vital, so they are fine. In your stead I would try to coax Anton into replac­ing either “Gain Recog­ni­tion and Fame” or bet­ter still “Show Off Phys­i­cal Prowess” with some­thing more proac­tive, maybe con­cern­ing Oshalla, but other than that he’s doing fine PA-​wise.
Bow down: I am the emperor of dreams;
I crown me with the million-​colored sun
Of secret worlds incred­i­ble, and take
Their trail­ing skies for vest­ment when I soar.

Clark Ash­ton Smith, The Hashish Eater or The Apoc­a­lypse of Evil
The fol­low­ing user(s) said Thank You: Allan

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 2 months ago #3476

• Allan
Back to the tale;
Its a bloody fight, but even­tu­ally Sir Ridik gets his man.
The Gen­er­als troops move in an round up his troops. As they are all fel­low coun­try men, they make exam­ples of a few and recruit the rest.

Sir Ridik goes to find the Old Crone Apothe­cary.
Gives her the blood.
And men­tions the plague in the hill town, the stressed healer there. The old crone knew her grand­mother.
At this time Sharisa, one of the good look­ing appren­tice girls is fairly jump­ing out of her skin, to be given the mis­sion of going to help
Sharisa is going to become another GMC party mem­ber for at least the near future.
She is not a local lass and has never quite fit­ted in.
The old crone relents and gives her some gear and sends them on there way.

Sir Ridik talks to Gen­eral Tumamos and gets him­self recruited. The Gen­eral is more than happy as Sir Ridik makes a good hero for the troops.
Sir Ridik will just go and fetch his friend and meet back with the army on the move north.

The two travel to the vil­lage and meet up with Alim, giv­ing him his ‘med­i­cine’.
Sharisa is not keen to be stuck in another bump­kin vil­lage and so begs to stay with Sir Ridik.
Alim is really keen. She looks good and she can fix things. Ridik agrees.

Dur­ing there time together, Sir Ridik has spo­ken to Sharisa about his moti­va­tions, espe­cially deal­ing with mages. Sharisa casu­ally defends mages, this sets of warm­ing bells for Ridik.

The three, travel back to join up with the army.
Ref; I wanted to see if I could set up a 3 way love/​jealousy tri­an­gle, with the two men each try­ing to gain her favour, but Aaron was really turned off her by her pro-​magic stance and did not bite. He may not also have been aware of the casual sex part of the genre.

En-​route, they spy a vil­lage being raided by the Valk mer­ce­nar­ies (scouts) from the Army. Nasty stuff going on in the streets, but they decide its not there prob­lem and detour.
Back with the Army and report­ing to the Gen­eral, Sir Ridik men­tions this encounter.
The Gen­eral calls the leader of the Valk to account for his troops.
Druun, the Gor­gon (named so for his chalked up dread­locks, like writhing ser­pents). He aggres­sively denies the alle­ga­tion and wants to know who told such lies. Sir Ridik says he did.
Ref; this is to set up the ani­mos­ity between the two, I need a vil­lian. The King Ganymedes loves the Valk (for rea­sons to be explained later) and so forces his Gen­er­als and Offi­cers to work with them.

Allan

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 2 months ago #3477

• Michael
  • Thank you received: 518
Allan wrote:
I wanted to see if I could set up a 3 way love/​jealousy tri­an­gle, with the two men each try­ing to gain her favour, but Aaron was really turned off her by her pro-​magic stance and did not bite.

Also an excel­lent oppor­tu­nity to demon­strate to Aaron how PAs work dur­ing the game! Once the basic sit­u­a­tion was appar­ent or at least to be guessed at, you could have bla­tantly asked Aaraon whether Sharisa does inter­est him, whether he would like to see more of her in the future and sug­gest that if wants to, he might con­sider chang­ing one of Ridik’s PAs into some­thing suit­able. A ques­tion like that, spring­ing from an actual gam­ing sit­u­a­tion, is a good prac­ti­cal demon­stra­tion to a player still new to the con­cept of PAs how to use them to guide the themes of the story with a view towards what he, the player, would like his PC to have to deal with.
Bow down: I am the emperor of dreams;
I crown me with the million-​colored sun
Of secret worlds incred­i­ble, and take
Their trail­ing skies for vest­ment when I soar.

Clark Ash­ton Smith, The Hashish Eater or The Apoc­a­lypse of Evil
The fol­low­ing user(s) said Thank You: Allan

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 2 months ago #3481

• Allan
Yes, thanks. I have been gen­tly steer­ing towards the idea of not just sit­ting on the same PA’s for­ever. He needs to keep it fresh.

Allan

PS; we did get another per­son at the table this week. Total noob to gam­ing, but I think that could be a good thing, after the last deba­cle.
Hope­fully he will come back.

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 2 months ago #3482

• Allan
After piss­ing off Druun the Gor­gon.
They men­tion that they bet­ter be care­ful.
So that was my clue to have Sharisa kid­napped.
She had turned into a gen­eral dogs body around there pavil­ion, not that she was happy about that, but what was a girl to do…
When she was down by a stream at a nightly camp, the Valk did a sweep through to grab any girls not nailed down. There tar­get was really Sharisa, but they had grabed girls before.

Sir Ridik learns that she had been taken by the Valk after they had not seen her for awhile.
He con­fronts the Valk and is told by one Kumal the Smil­ing, that yes she was taken as she was not attached to any lord.
Ref; Sharisa when con­fronted by the Valk at the river, was asked which Lordling was her keeper, she is no ones Keeped thing…
Go Sis­ter.
She goes into the gen­eral Harem that Druun rewards his sol­diers with access to.

Ridik and Alim decide that she has to be res­cued and they can’t keep seek­ing the Gen­er­als aid. While look­ing for inspi­ra­tion, Ridik bumps into Sir Kier­add and his brother Sophom. The men they encoun­tered on the Road with the fight to the first blood. They have enlisted in the Gen­er­als army also.
The two men agree to help.
At night they cre­ate a diver­sion among the horses of the Valk by get­ting to close with a Stal­lion (or some such, we are not expert horse peo­ple so Aaron was happy).
Alim and Ridik sneak into the camp and end up hav­ing to free all the girls from the Harem.

At this point, with the Valk jump­ing up and down demand­ing blood, Gen­eral Tumamos decides that its prob­a­bly best if Sir Ridik and Co, get assigned some job away from the Valk.

Allan

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 1 month ago #3487

• Allan
Gen­eral Tumanos has been hav­ing some sup­ply prob­lems.
King Ganymede has an arrangement/​alliance with expan­sion­ist king­dom to the north Taraam. His coun­cil was forced to accept an alliance.
In return for help­ing with the war effort, K.G is expected to hand over something…Ref; its irrel­e­vant at this stage.

But they have been hav­ing some sup­ply issues. Gear has not been get­ting through.
He wants Sir Ridik and co. (Alim, Sharisa, Keiradd and Sophom) to go inves­ti­gate.
So the party travel north. They have names of the mer­chants involved in the trade and are going to start by ques­tion­ing them.
Inspi­ra­tion for this is com­ing from a Tal­is­lanta series of mod­ules; Scent of the Beast and Sub-​Men Ris­ing.

Arriv­ing at the bor­der town of Tor­dan, they ask around about the mer­chant and learn that he has already left for a trip south. But they never encoun­tered him on the road.
They involve the mayor in the inves­ti­ga­tion and learn fur­ther that Vor­nel the miss­ing mer­chant had instead gone east to a ruined city not far from Tor­dan, made by a race of giants.

Approach­ing the rulns they encounter Vor­nel and guards just leav­ing. The guards come to drive off the intrud­ers while Vor­nel turns his wagon around and goes back into the ruins.
The party elude the guards and also enter the city. To encounter there way blocked by a group of des­per­ate refugee’s turned ban­dit. Vor­nel has them paid to keep peo­ple away from the ruins.
Real­is­ing that they can be counter brided, they are, with the idea that the guard will be sent in the wrong direc­tion and the party is free to con­tinue trrack­ing Vor­nel.

Sir Keiradd and brother go off in a dif­fer­ent direc­tion to try and cut Vor­nel off.
The oth­ers then hear sounds of bat­tle. Inves­ti­gat­ing they find the broth­ers fight­ing some sub-​men race, very beas­t­ial with up thrust fangs and rough fur.
Going to there aid they also see a Valk, who seems to be direct­ing the Beast­men and Vor­nel shows up at his side, the two con­verse and them Vor­nel leaves.
The party fend of the Beast­men and even man­age to cap­ture one, before the Valk with­draws with his force.

Return­ing to Tor­dan, they have some fur­ther words with the mayor about his man power prob­lem.
They also find a local who can inter­pret the Beast­mens lan­guage.

The crea­ture is very happy to announce that all you soft types will be swept away soon as the ‘Tir­shata’, has come and he is mass­ing a great force of Sub-​Men types. No more will they have to skulk in the wastes or hills.
Now they remem­ber there was sup­posed to be a sub-​man tribe around where the Orange and Black lived but they had not been seen for awhile.

Return­ing to the south, they make straight for the city of Lytrel, King Ganymedes HQ, as the army of Gen­eral Tunamos should have arrived by now.
Just before the city, as they stop for a noon-​day meal, they are passed on the road by a group of wag­ons with guard. The wag­ons are loaded with bar­rels. Alim hopes its some wine.

Allan\

PS; not sure if there was much PA stuff going on here, I did offer Aaron to just gloss over the trip, but he wanted to play it out. It can be dif­fi­cult to plot each week with only one play­ers set of PA’s. I could use the GMC, but they are only NPC’s so I don’t want to do that to much. I just had Alims drug addic­tion gen­er­ate a few ses­sions of play.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Allan.

Cam­paign So Far 3 years 1 month ago #3493

• Allan
In the City of Lutrel, or Arch­bridge.
Using some idea’s and map from a old D&D mod­ule called; A Hot Day in Lutrel.
Map slightly altered to fit story.
Find the Gen­eral housed in a Gar­ri­son Keep (bar­racks) over look­ing the city.
The neigh­bour­ing hill has the Palace. The city is on a lake shore, with a river dis­sect­ing it in two.
The river comes down from the north, through Lutrel, into the lake. It leaves the lake to flow down to Karga­mum, the cap­i­tal.
Behind the two hills is the large Valk mer­ce­nary camp.

Sir Ridik is forced to show him­self to the Kings Coun­cil, who take no inter­est in him at all.
He then real­izes that Alim has gone miss­ing. Sharisa knows he was going to search for some more ‘medecine’.
Ref; my rec­ol­lec­tion is a bit hazy here as I was wing­ing it. I new roughly what I wanted to hap­pen — city goes up in flames.
Trail leads to an Apothe­cary, the owner is not in and some toughs tell them to leave and come back tomor­row.
Ridik rec­og­nizes one of them from the ‘Bar­rel Car­a­van’ , that passed them out­side the city.
Think­ing it weird that an Apothe­cary would need wagon loads of bar­rels.
Sneak­ing a look over the rear wall, they see a empty wagon.
Ref; from here my plan went a bit pear shaped, as I worked stuff out on the spot.

I think, between Aaron and my GMC Sharisa, he was sus­pi­cious of the men at the Apothe­caries.
Where would bar­rels of ‘wine’ or what­ever go. Maybe the bar­racks.
Going to the bar­racks back — of — house, the kitchens etc, he learns that a wagon match­ing the descrip­tion had entered and dropped of a load of bar­rels into the under­ground cel­lars.
Ridik goes to find a chef to unlock the cel­lar doors.
When he returns he spy’s some Valk hang­ing around. They see him, and swag­ger over, but not to talk to him, but to the chef. Accus­ing him of sec­ond rate slops that they are get­ting fed. There is some argy-​bargy, shout­ing, shov­ing etc.
It ends when one of the Valk gets close enough to say some­thing qui­etly to the chef, who imme­di­ately flees back to the kitchen.
The Valk leave, with reg­u­lar army sol­diers giv­ing them a warm send off.

Sir Ridik goes look­ing for the chef and he cant by found. By now its din­ner ser­vice time and the kitchen is fran­tic, he gets no where.
He reports to Gen­eral Tumamos about the strange inci­dent. Espe­cially the Valk intru­sion.
The Gen­eral does not want a scene or panic, he sends his trusted 2IC (name made up on the spot, I can’t remem­ber it just now) to go with Sir Ridik and inves­ti­gate. But reminds them again that the Valk are the Kings favourites.
They enter the main keep build­ing (not one of 4 wings that the Gen­eral is stay­ing at).
They find a way down into the cel­lar, by now Ridik is get­ting a bit spooked and I was not help­ing with some overly calm behav­iour of the 2IC and him sug­gest­ing they split up to find the bar­rels.
Even­tu­ally they find the stack, Ridik smashes open a bar­rel to find some black vis­cous fluid inside and then find a con­trap­tion that is rigged to drop a can­dle into an open bar­rel on the top of the stack.
Ridik defuses the device. They then all go back to the Gen­eral.

Allan
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Allan.
Mod­er­a­tors: Mozusuke, Phil, Michael
Time to cre­ate page: 0.182 sec­onds