Wel­come, Guest
User­name: Pass­word: Remem­ber me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Maneu­ver Cards (WIP)

Maneu­ver Cards (WIP) 9 months 2 weeks ago #4085

• Anarak
  • Thank you received: 67
We use about the same num­ber of dice, I have 12 and one of my more ded­i­cated play­ers bought 10. For the most part it works, its bet­ter if you have a set of dice specif­i­cally for the ref­eree and another for the play­ers.
Since stat and skills checks only goes as far as 9 dice and since you must divide your com­bat pools into 2 exchanges (for melee at least) means you can get away with 10 or so dice, as pools will roam around that and all-​ins are some­what rarer. To be safe, spe­cially for play­ers, 15 is a safe num­ber i’d say. I’ll prob­a­bly get some more. We also use dig­i­tal dice rollers for the less intense rolls and for ran­dom skill checks.

Ah, just another last minute tip> Since TroS days it’s been sug­gested that you allow your play­ers to fight as the min­ions who fight the other play­ers. You can actu­ally have mul­ti­ple lime­lights hap­pen­ing depend­ing on the num­ber of play­ers you have and how fast you want to move things along. A com­mon incen­tive is to say: “I’ll give a drama point to whomever hurts another PC”. You wouldn’t imag­ine how fiercely they don’t care they are fight­ing their friends :p
This works great for lesser min­ions and for engag­ing peo­ple through­out the whole fight, it allows even for non-​combat types to enjoy some fight­ing. Just make sure you’re the one fight­ing for the big baddies!
The admin­is­tra­tor has dis­abled pub­lic write access.
The fol­low­ing user(s) said Thank You: negocromn
  • Page:
Mod­er­a­tors: Mozusuke, Phil, Michael
Time to cre­ate page: 0.133 sec­onds